Thursday, May 5, 2011

Music is my love language...

Ok, well, music isn't one of the love languages, but if it were, I'm pretty sure it would be mine.

And when I'm sitting at my desk at work and can't be playing on my iPad (which would be my second love language, by the way), I can guarantee that I'm at least listening to music with it.

The two apps I love the most for music playback are VinylLove (tm) and Planetary.


VinylLove, if it isn't already obvious, mimics a vinyl record player and uses your iPad's music library. It even adds in a bit of the warm scratchy/dust noise that your authentic record player makes. Your albums are stored in virtual milk crates that you can thumb through, and you can pause or fast-forward through a record by lifting or moving the needle. I already know the next question you're about to ask: can you scratch? The answer is yes; you can. And without fear of damaging your precious vinyl, too!

The one downside I've encountered is that it does not multi-task, but that doesn't pose too much of a problem while I'm at work ...and should be working... In which case, it sits prettily on my desk while every passerby fails to resist to "scratch" as they pass. (No, it's not annoying at all...)

Works on iPad and will cost you $4.99 in the App Store.





VinylLove, you get 4 tasty forks.






Let's talk Planetary.


Planetary is another iPod based music player that I enjoy using for its sheer beauty. With this app, your music is a galaxy or universe - which for some of us, is already true. It looks like a realistic solar system where artists are stars, albums are planets, and each individual track is a moon. I didn't think I'd appreciate this app as much as I do, based solely on the screenshots and description in the App Store, but once I actually interacted with it, I was mesmerized. I'm not even a huge sci-fi or astronomy geek! It's a beautiful new twist on music-listening and again looks great on my desk. And this one multi-tasks! You may as well try it out; it's free.









It's delicious enough for 5 forks.






Until next time,
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment