Wednesday, April 27, 2011

iPad : UPAD

P92

P94

P96

P98


One thing I absolutely adore about my iPad is its ability and versatility, especially when it comes to eliminating my dependence on other things (like a day planner, calendar, sketchbook, notebook... I could go on). It has made my satchel much less heavy and cluttered. One app in particular has eliminated my need not only for a notebook and weekly planner, but also for 3 other apps when it comes to note-taking and annotating on PDF documents: UPAD.

UPAD allows me to import PDFs from the web directly, open PDFs from email, or import from iTunes. This is particularly helpful for me because my school work is all done from PDFs, and I don't always have access to my computer to download them. Not only that, but I am sometimes required to sign contracts and documents for my job, and this app allows me to sign and send off without having to print, then sign, then scan, then.... Well, you get the idea.

And that's not even my favorite part! This app has a notebook/handwriting feature that I use with my stylus to take notes with at school & work. It has several built-in page backgrounds and designs, including some cute/fun ones, which make letter writing on stationery not just something of the past! I can even import my own photos and use those as notepad backgrounds! Trust me, that feature alone sold me; I designed a To Do list on my computer and was able to import a jpeg version of it and use it on my iPad! Mother Earth can thank me; UPAD made me just a little more green.

You can also add photo frames to your photos & write on them, use VGA-out to connect to a larger screen or projector, and organize your notebooks/PDFs/photos into folders. You can write directly in your notebooks with or without a wrist guard, or use the zoomed-in feature that so many handwriting apps have.

I really can't stop talking about this app.

It works with iPad only, and runs at $4.99. If you're skeptical or too afraid of commitment, check out the free version, UPAD Lite.

An easy 5 stars!








2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very interesting app. Thanks for the review! One question, is it pronounced you-pad or up-ad?

    ReplyDelete